When can I apply for the 2021-22 school year?
Enrollment for current Omaha Public Schools students will open May 10th-June 4th. The application will be through Campus Parent portal. If you don't have access to this, you will need to contact your student's current school for your personal GUID number.
Who is eligible to enroll?
Any K-12th grade student who currently attends an OPS school is eligible to apply for Omaha Virtual School. New enrollments will be determined based on space and application criteria.
What determines a student's acceptance into OVS?
In order to be successful in OVS, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Independently motivated to learn
- Parent/guardian, or other adult close to the student, available daily to facilitate learning and keep the student on track.
- Ability to attend face-to-face sessions at least once per week at our learning center inside the Omaha TAC building at 3215 Cuming Street in Omaha.
- Provide consistent transportation to face-to-face sessions. We do not offer any transportation or vouchers for transportation.
- Other considerations include attendance at previous school, credit sufficiency (high school), and current/previous school recommendation/input.
Is there a cost to attend?
Omaha Virtual School is a free program within Omaha Public Schools. We provide a device and materials for your student to succeed in a blended learning environment.
Can Omaha Virtual School serve students with an IEP?
Omaha Virtual School does have special education services.