When can I apply for the 2021-22 school year?
Information on how to apply for the 2021-22 school year will be available early spring 2021. Please continue to watch our website and social media for updates.
Who is eligible to enroll?
Any K-12th grade student who resides in the OPS district are eligible to apply for Omaha Virtual School. Acceptance is subject to the student meeting eligibility requirements.
What determines a student's acceptance into OVS?
In order to be successful in OVS, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Independently motivated to learn
- Parent/guardian, or other adult close to the student, available daily to facilitate learning and keep the student on track.
- Ability to attend face-to-face sessions at least once per week at our learning center inside the Omaha TAC building at 3215 Cuming Street in Omaha.
- Provide consistent transportation to face-to-face sessions. We do not offer any transportation or vouchers for transportation.
- Ability to provide consistent internet service inside the home
- Other considerations include attendance at previous school, chronic behavior issues, ability to serve IEP, credit sufficiency (high school), and current/previous school recommendation/input.
Is there a cost to attend?
Omaha Virtual School is a free program within Omaha Public Schools. We provide a device and materials for your student to succeed in a blended learning environment. All families must provide consistent high speed internet access at home. If you need help with internet service, you can contact Cox's Connect to Compete here.
Do you serve students who have been expelled from other schools?
OVS is not able to accept students who have been expelled from other schools or programs.
Can Omaha Virtual School serve students with an IEP?
Omaha Virtual School can serve tier 1 special education (3 hours per week). These services are provided online.