When can I apply for the 2022-23 school year?
Enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year will open May 4th-May 31st. The form can be found here.
Who is eligible to enroll?
Any K-12th grade student who currently attends an OPS school is eligible to apply for Omaha Virtual School. New enrollments will be determined based on space and application criteria.
What determines a student's acceptance into OVS?
In order to be successful in OVS, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Independently motivated to learn
- Parent/guardian, or other adult close to the student, available daily to facilitate learning and keep the student on track.
- Ability to attend face-to-face sessions at least once per week at our learning center inside the Omaha TAC building at 3215 Cuming Street in Omaha.
- Provide consistent transportation to face-to-face sessions. We do not offer any transportation or vouchers for transportation.
- Other considerations include attendance at previous school, credit sufficiency (high school), and current/previous school recommendation/input.
Is there a cost to attend?
Omaha Virtual School is a free program within Omaha Public Schools. We provide a device and materials for your student to succeed in a blended learning environment.
Can Omaha Virtual School serve students with an IEP?
Omaha Virtual School does have special education services.